Join the National Archives and United States Holocaust Memorial Museum on January 7th or 13th for the webinar DocsTeach in the Classroom: International Holocaust Remembrance Day. In preparation for International Holocaust Remembrance Day (January 27), we will explore American responses to the refugee crisis and to the Holocaust in the 1930s and 1940s.
This professional development webinar will be particularly valuable to teachers of English and language arts and social studies. Content will include:
- a presentation on the history of Holocaust refugees and American policy
- a demonstration using DocsTeach.org to locate primary sources and explore teaching activities
- an examination of three case studies drawing on records from the National Archives and the Americans and the Holocaust exhibit at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
We will cover the same material on two different dates and times:
- Thursday, January 7, 2021, 8-10 p.m. ET
- Wednesday, January 13, 2021, 7-9 p.m. ET