Announcing the first ever National Archives’ Educators’ Open House! Come spend the evening with your colleagues at the National Archives Building to find out more about what we offer for you and your classroom.
Thursday, November 13, 2014
National Archives Building
NARA Education Specialists will be on hand all evening to answer questions, chat, and share information about National Archives resources. In addition, our Education Specialists will be conducting several short demonstrations of our online and distance learning opportunities, award winning website DocsTeach.org, professional development opportunities, and much more.
Educators can find out about:
- Primarily Teaching, NARA’s annual professional development workshop for teachers
- National History Day resources
- New NARA app and eBook on the Bill of Rights
- Constitution in Action Learning Lab program
- Distance learning options
- Online resources, such as DocsTeach.org
- And more!
Educators are welcome to visit our exhibits, including Records of Rights, Making Their Mark: Stories Through Signatures, and the Public Vaults. The Rotunda, which holds the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights, will be open from 5:30-6:15.
No pre-registration is required. Light refreshments will be served.
Share this with your colleagues!